Monday, October 1, 2012

Love like a tattoo.

I've got scripture written up my arms,
These verses permanently injected in my skin.
I live and breathe the word of God,
His love is sewn into my bones.
Yet still, I live in sin.

In sin so deep I cannot swim,
These torrid currents drag me in.
Burning my eyes to make me blind,
Fill up my lungs, to never scream again.
To leave nothing but my memory behind.

But something drags me out again
A Mighty hand full of power and life to lend.
Pulls me out of the deadly waters,
Pulls me out of the depths, no matter what length.

When I am finally dead and gone, to see the Wonderful God attached to that hand,
I hope to leave every family with a memory of how deep the Love of Words can mean,
When they read the verses injected in my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment