Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Courageous as a lion.

Courageous by definition means,
"Not deterred by danger or pain."
Or bold, gallant, brave.
In my heart, none of these are contained.

Lions are the depiction of brave,
People say,
"He's got a lions heart."
"They're as courageous as a lion."

I'd like to think I have a lions heart,
Danger might be something I seek,
But something my human heart knows too well is pain.

Pains of hunger,
The sting of being broken.
Bleeding from the cuts of life.

Courageous?
Not in the least.

Even though I am hardly courageous,
Nary even brave,
My lion is as big as they come.
As I weep,
In treads the Lion of Judah's tribe.

Strutting in golden fur,
paws as strong as they are deadly.
Tossing His mane,
as our enemies run-
Afraid.
Running away before the King.

By those paws and mighty jaws,
eyes as fierce as fire,
enemies are crushed.
Opening His mouth
in the sound of His lambs cries,
He lets out a glorious roar.

My heart stops beating in a whisper, but this voice brings me back to life, a sound of resounding triumph.

Courageous?
Not I, but He.

No comments:

Post a Comment