Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time's change.

Revolution in self,
a change to hastily, but carefully proclaim.
Time has come,
If I don't change
It's time ticking,
a clocking running, slowing pace,
eventually I'll get stuck in place.

Getting caught up inside my head,
running,
around in maddening circles.
Bottling it up does nothing but build pressure,
popping the top,
might upset my blood flow.

See, I've got demons inside.
Growing, throbbing, alive.
Stretching rugged wings inside my ribs,
sharpening claws along my spine.
Physical pain doubles when spirits
run across my bones like playgrounds.

There's another spirit inside, a small space it takes.
Caged, patient, aching.
For that Revolution of self to light on fire.
Ready to fight, thru the spirit,
my demons won't survive a night.
In it, provided is the power to overcome,
challenge,
obtain the world.

Unleashing, unlocking, releasing the cage,
like tidal waves my spirit is swept away
by cooling waters to our souls.
Unquenchable thirst is finally satisfied.

Ignite the fire, boil the water.
Lion inside, come alive.
Screaming demons,
Welcome to The Revolution.

My flaws are numerous,
these things I'm working on,
but wounds need to be stitches,
ribs taped,
spine re-chorded
Recovery is a painful process,
working thru will only strengthen.

It's time to get out of my mind,
Insanity is next my step in generation,
But I will fight.
Let these words on ink-soaked paper,
keep my mind open
thoughts flowing.

This is my flood,
my demons cannot swim.
Timidity is no way to live.
Strong spirit, will- unbreakable.

Time for change is now.
Begin, The Revolution,

No comments:

Post a Comment