Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anchors away!

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure..."

Hebrews 6:19

God has been showing me this verse over and over again the past few days. First, I opened up my sketchbook the an anchor I drew based off this verse, then I heard a song by Phil Wickham that had the same reference. The last thing that got me was this; a few months ago I tied bible verses to my chandelier over my bed because I have nightmares a lot, and one of them fell off. Picking it up, I opened it and guess what verse it was! Yup, Hebrews 6:19.
Who says God doesn't show Himself? You've just gotta look for it. This is what He is teaching me.

God is truth. Be secure in His promises! Wondering if His plans will change is worry unneeded. Our hope, (God) is IMMOVABLE. His promises and words don't change! It's just how an anchor holds firmly to the sea bed. If a ships anchor didn't hold firm, it wouldn't be doing what it's meant for. Therefore it would be a lie.

God is our anchor. Our lifeline. In times of trouble, sailor would drop anchor and wait for bad weather to pass. Same goes for life. When times are bad, God drops anchor in our hearts. It digs and embeds in our souls, giving us hope. Down where the anchor is dug, there is peace. The storm rages on the surface, but if you dig deep in yourself, you'll find God, you'll find that place of peace. And that's the place to stay.

The anchor to our souls. The unfailing hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment